Thursday, March 26, 2009

Social Media For Social Causes Study

The Social Media for Social Causes Study by Beth Kanter, Qui Diaz and Geoff Livingston returned some fascinating results...

Key for me was the final graphic pictured towards the end of the article: that Trust and Credibility are the two key factors that donors of all ages still seek out above all others.

Alongside trust and credibility, the importance of word of mouth and the collective wisdom of social networks was reflected by the fact online communities are seen as more trustworthy than blogs written by individual authors. In both age categories measured, 30-49 and 50<, there was an estimated 20 point discrepancy in the trust of social media over blogs. It seems that "The Wisdom of Crowds" holds particularly true in the world of philanthropy.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://besttoddler.com